RE: Throttle body upgrade

The simple up grade is to use an audi 4000 intake manifold and throttle
body,  the downside is that the cold start valve is in a funky position.

any post 85 Audi or VW golf/jetta will have the larger TB....same size as
the Neuspeed one.  To use this you simply swap the linkage over from your
Roc TB.  Then you need to take the intake manifold off and bore it out a bit
so that there is no airflow restriction where the TB bolts on.

This is easily done with a dremel (and lotsa patience) or with an air
compressor and the right tool.  I did the air compressor route years ago and
it took about 1/2 hour to get right.

Remember that if you increase the airflow into the motor either with a
larger TB/intake or with cams...then you also need to upgrade the
downpipe/exhaust to get the most benefit.  A simple TB upgrade won't do jack
without the larger exhaust to keep the gasses flowing.

BcH