Re: 2.0 16v conversion in 85' 8v Roc'

If you shop well and have patience you can do it for well under $1000 .

The most expensive part of my conversion into a MK1 was the TT race DP and
exhaust system . One good way to save money if you have space, is to buy a
parts car like I did . I paid 300 for a 87 16v rocco and with selling parts I
didnt need my stuff was free in the end . I then proceeded to locate a 150
dollar complete 2.0 out of a burned Passat and switched every sensor and wire
off the 1.8 onto it . I still have the AGB tranny and when I sell that my
exaust will have been free :)

Jasin
MK1 S 16v