From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Anthony Pelletier
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 8:25 AM
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: cutting springs

I am about to swap my boges for bilstein sports
(finnally) and I am thinking I want to bring the car
down a bit.  ( I went up 1/2" when I intalled
eurobumpers)  I have neuspeed sport springs.  They are
progressively wound so they have a few dead coils on
the ends.  Has anyone cut out some of the dead coils
to lower the car more?  I was thinking about 1 in the
rear, 1 in the front.  (Of course I would measure to
make sure I take an equal amount out of both.)  Any
advice from some one who has done it before

thanks for any info,
Tony
87 16v (about to go lower)