Re: The parts place

In a message dated 9/12/00 9:40:09 PM EST, brett@netacc.net writes:

<< Just say "No" to the Parts Place as a general rule.  Frequent our favorite
 list venders like Virtual World and Adirondak.  Links on scirocco.org
 for both.

I will stick my nose out only one more time for the Parts Place.  Since I
live within 20 minutes of them, and personally know a couple of the
'knowledgeable' employees (i.e., my 'contacts'), dealing with them in person
is not quite so bad.  It's not the Parts Place of old when I knew just about
everyone that worked there and could swing a deal with any of them, but once
these two guys leave (who knows, they've left and come back a couple of
times) I won't deal with the PP anymore.  If I didn't live here, I wouldn't
deal with them.  The owner, Jack, is a complete asshole.  Some of the other
employees are pretty much idiots.  My theory is, since I'm a face behind the
bucks, they're a bit nicer to me.  (I get to rummage through places the
general public only dreams of rummaging through.)  I guess it's easier to be
a dick to someone when you don't have to face them, have no idea what they
look like and can hang up when you feel like it.  I do agree that their
catalog prices are a 'bit' on the 'steep' side.  My advice; if you live
within driving distance, it might behoove you to strike up a relationship
with Glen or Kevin.  If you have to deal mail order with them, screw it.

Just my $0.02
Stewart