From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Ben Rogowski
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 12:08 AM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Dyno Runs

Today my club, (see signature) hosted a Dyno Day at a local speed shop.
Muscle car guys, but nice and seemingly VW friendly.  I got two pulls for
$45.  Both were very smooth, consistent graphs.  My peak power at the wheels
was 117.8 hp @ 5600 rpm.  Peak torque was 114.7 @ 4200 rpm.  I was very
excited by this as my 1.8 16V motor is completely stock except for the race
downpipe and TT 2.25" exhaust.  With these #'s at the wheels, my estimated
crank hp is 137.8 using a frictional loss factor of 1.17.

There was also an '87 GTI 16V rally car there with a similar exhaust setup
and a 2.0 bottom end.  he got 118.3 hp and 124.9 lb/ft.  It seems like a
pretty valid comparison, as all the parts I used for my conversion came from
my wrecked '87 GTI  if you overlaid our power and torque curves they'd be
very close except for the 2.0's higher torque plateau.

I can't wait for you guys in Buffalo to run so I've got something to compare
to.  If anyone wants to see scans of the charts let me know.  I'll email
them privately.

Ben R
Membership Coordinator
<http://www.volksport.com>
Volksport GTI and Watercool Volkswagen Club
"We support your VW Performance Addiction."