Re: Setting CIS fuel mixture

No offense Dan, I would never mess up a air plate to pull the plug out.  All
you do is tap the plug itself with some type of self tapping screw or even
drill a tiny hole in it then thread in a tiny screw and pop it out.  When
you drill a hole into either side of it (and this differs between cars) this
can create a vaccum TYPE leak.  There are cars that when I adjust the air
fuel mixture, the mixture will actually change once I plug the adjustment
hole.  I am not sure why, but it does.  This makes me believe that on some
cars that the reason the adjustment hole is plugged is more than to just
keep people from messing with it.  I hope I'm right on this and I hope this
helps.

Dave

> I just nearly botched this the same way myself.  I ended up by drilling
two holes, either side of the plug.  This way I could grab the with some
needle nose pliers.  It looks like ass, but it got the thing apart.

> I was really not looking forward to dismantling the whole fuel distributor
for that little plug...

> In hind-sight, you might try tapping the plug down GENTLY to dislodge it.
Once mine moved a little, it pulled right out.