RE: Oops...a racers bad day

<snip>
The wierd thing is that he was gaining on the Porsche.
I can't imagine that a stock 2.5GT would hang with a
911. There must have been some serious work done to
that Scoobie (I don't have audio, so I couldn't hear
the exhaust note). I've got the same engine in a
lighter car, and the only time I beat 911s on the
autox course is when they're poor drivers. The good
ones make almost every car out there look slow. Last
weekend's FTD was a 911, even beating a Formula Vee
among the 50 or so other cars.
</snip>

Lime Rock is all about momentum (much like an autocross), if the driver in
the 911 wasn't very good, or he wasn't pushing hard, it's easy to pass him.
Last time I was at Lime Rock I had to drive a rented Volvo wagon, as our M3
was still having the blower put on.  I passed 2 E34 M5's that were not
stock, and even an M3 (plus some other lesser Bimmers).  I'm not the best
driver, but those guys were worse than me, in much faster cars ;-)

Ryan