Mk1 Stalling No More

My Mk1 that was stalling after I was running low on fuel is not stalling any
more. It just won't stall any more!

I know that I shouldn't be complaining that my car is now running
perfectly...but I'm concerned that I never really found the problem causing
the stalling. And all that I did was add a couple more gallons of gas so
that I wouldn't starve it of fuel while I was troubleshooting.

So here's what I guess happened...
Low on gas...starved it of fuel while taking a hard right on an offramp. Put
in one gallon of gas, but their must have been air and other gunk in the
lines that caused the stalling. Replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump relay
(probably didn't need the new relay) and experienced more stalling.

One night while trouble-shooting it stalled when I hit the headlights--two
times! I can only guess that I turned on the headlights exactly when the
motor was going to stall on its own. I think this because I could never get
this to re-occur.

So I added a couple more gallons of gas to my near-empty tank so that I
could continue trouble-shooting and all of a sudden it would not stall. I
would run it for 15 minutes at a time at it was perfectly fine. So I
clenched my teeth and drove it to the gas station for a complete fill
up--fearful that I would stall at any moment. No problems at all--not a
hiccup.

So now I have driven it to work and back twice without any problems--that's
about 28 miles each way. Yes, I guess it is a little irresponsible driving
on the freeway without knowing the cause of the problem, but what else can I
do? It runs as great as it ever did.

So I guess I just needed to run it more and clear the lines of air and gunk?

Thanks to everyone for the help and sorry for wasting bandwidth on my stupid
problem--especially when it seems it was just my fault for running the tank
all the way to empty!
--Theron