Re: scirocco sighting (not me, stereo install & tranny out)

>At 6:22 PM -0700 9/10/00, Kevin Collins wrote:
>>NastyRican1021@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>>i saw a white 16V at staples today. wondering if that was anyones on the
>>>list......looks reallllllll nice
>>
>>I ASSume you mean New York, and if so that HAD to be our host Brett's car!

I wish... :/

>No, not possible.
>
>I was helping Brett today, remove the tranny from his car.  Seems
>the little 137 mph thrash down the 407 ETR in Toronto popped the
>main seal, and there was a lovely glaze of Redline everywhere.....so
>it's in his garage.

My car was in the garage receiving a complete stereo install, complete with
custom raised floor area for a sub over the tire wheel. While I was doing
this complete stereo system makeover, I noticed a puddle of oil underneath
my car...turned out to be gear oil. :/  I thought the worst and assumed my
tranny was junk.  Come to find out, it's just a blown input shaft seal.

I'll still be rebuilding it though while it's out.  .75 fifth and a 3.94
ring and pinion.  Should be quite exciting when it's done.  I've heard
a comparison saying that it's like adding 10-15hp. :)

>| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |

==Brett