Re: passed smog - yes!

Kevin Collins wrote:

<snip>
> Another question for you California boys - I was required to go to a
> "test only" center.  I was told that about 15% of all cars are singled
> out at random for this requirement.  I asked if it was somehow a more
> stringent test, but was told "not really".  Anybody have any idea what
> this is all about?
>
> Anyways I'm good to go for another 2 years, and ready for my head/cam/
> intake upgrade, which HOPEFULLY is going to happen soon (when the head
> finally comes down from Collin of TT).
>
> --
> Kevin Collins

Kev,

I think you might not be burning up stuff in the Cat for such a high NO
reading. (pulled that one out from the nether regions, don't hold me to it.)

Test Only stations are just that. They are prohibited from making
repairs on cars that might need a part or two to pass. "You don't pass
right now, but with a new dingle-dangle you could..."

Test Only stations are usually meant to be stricter in requirements to
pass but this has not been the case.

One guy a I worked with bought a Rabbit Convert (didn't know Converts,
VWs, or much of anything automotive) and it was found out the be a gross
polluter. Mandatory Test Only station for you my friend. <sigh>

Any who, great news, happy motoring.

TBerk