Re: 2.0 8v.... <snipping Oasis quote>

> Oh yeah, the other downside is that the ABA is 16.5
> mm taller, so
> you may have some clearance issues on the throttle
> body, and you
> need a longer downpipe (techtonics makes one).

Too me this is the biggest issue. I've yet to see an
install that permitted an upper strut stress bar -
which is a must for me personally. If you just want to
straight line the car - no problem. But if you want
handling and durablility, I believe that the A1
chassis MUST be re-inforced with upper and lower front
bars.

That's why I will snap up a 3A if I ever run across
one. And you can bolt up either a solid lifter 1.8
head (JH) or a Hydraulic 1.8 head (HT/RD) to it.

Both motors will require a few thingies to get the
distributor to work, and you'll need to swap a VW pan
onto the 3A.

=====
Mark Peele
Owner of 20th Century VWs
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)