Vroom! Vroom!

Well, I gots to report that I finally gots one of my roccos running (albeit
it's running on three cylinders).

In an hour, I ditched the a/c and most of the related parts, aligned all the
pulleys and all I need now is a new battery.

HOwever, I do need to know one thing about 8V motors.

The motor in the 84 Scirocco is a JH with a solid lifter head.  I've gots a
motor sitting in my garage (I think that the engine code is RD) and I wanna
swap it in.  I'm under the assumption that the pistons in this motor are
flat headed as opposed to the ones in the JH.  Is this what raises the
compression?  I'd prefer not to have to go through all that work.  Instead
I'd rather swap heads and save the pistons for the VWabbit.  What do the
masses say?  Merci beaucoup!!!

Sal
81 Scirocco S - 16V in progress
84 Scirocco Wolfie (winter beater with heat)
84 VWabbit