Re: [mk2] power window swap

Foxx-

	At a minimum you'll need the power window regulators, door panels
for power window cars, switches, and the wiring from the donor car. The
wiring is a lot easier to install when the dash board is removed. (I
swapped in power windows when changing my cracked dash).
	One thing I can recommend to you is to not bother with trying to
install it with the power being activated with the ignition. I "hot-wired"
my windows straight from my battery with a 30 amp inline fuse for
protection. I have never had problems with this setup. It is very
convenient to not have to mess with the ignition to simply roll up your
windows. If you have passengers in your car very often they might like this
as they can regulate their windows if you get out of your car and take the
keys for example. I park at work with my windows down in the summer. I
don't carry my keys on me when I work, since I might lose them, but if it
starts raining, I can quickly run out and roll up my windows without worry.
This might not be a good idea if you have small kids in your car...

gl,

>Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 23:42:44 -0400
>From: "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@core.com>
>Subject: [mk2] power window swap
>
>  what are all the parts required for this? i know the motor and, i
>think, the regulator, as well as the switches. what else am i missing
>for the swap? i'll most likely post a tutorial on it when/if i attempt
>it. thanx.
>
>- --
> /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
>< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com