Re: Rust

> My Roc has some rust that needs some attention.  Has anyone
> used the rust remover/converter stuff that's on the market?
> How easy is it to sand that stuff when it's hardened?

  i've used it for, of all things, rear shock tower rust (the car was
hit and fixed there prior to be buying it). i chipped off most of the
rust and then wire brushed the offending rust before i applied the rust
convertor. i then proceeded to use the convertor liberally to make sure
i got all the rust. after that i did some other things that you probably
won't. i applied liquid steel and sanded that down. something tells me
that if you were to sand the rust converted metal, you might run the
chance sanding the top coat off the metal. i'd use some filler if the
spot is bad and sand that. if not, then sand real well prior to the
convertor, use primer to fill, and then paint over. if you use the brush
on kind, be prepared to sacrifice the brush.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com