Re: DoorJam non-CAT sticker... Can I save it?

You may be able to come up with more stickers!  I know when I worked at a
body shop for a while they had replacement stickers you could buy when there
was body damage that made a sticker unuseable.  I don't know about the older
cars, but I have ordered ones back as far as early eighties.
Unfortuneately, this means dealing with the stealership!!  HTH!

Dave
77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v
84 Scirocco

> Let's apply some good ol' tractor theory to this:
>
> When restoring a tractor, you don't want to paint over the serial number
> plate.  It is riveted on and it's very difficult to remove without damage,
> let alone reinstall to look factory (pop rivets just don't look right).
So