Advice and Parts Needed

What: an nice ol' 84' 8v

Condition: still has 4 wheels...

Problems:

- wiring... I really need to rewire under the hood everything from the
battery back.
- leak - only one... I was surprised.  But its in the windshield (right
above the driverside window wiper) - anyone have past experience with this?
- replace the ignition wiring - coil, plug wires... right up there with
wiring really...
- is there a better place to put the coil?  its bloody inaccessable on the
firewall.
- airbox... swisscheese it?  does it really help that much?
- dashboard... its got 2 big cracks one is about 1/4 inch wide... is there
any way to repair it?  Or better yet can I get a replacement dash anywhere?
- Shifter... its really soft.  What can I do?  I know I have to replace the
bushings but is it worth it? or should I buy a short shift kit?
- breaks... they work fine, but they sqeeek like hell when cold (I usually
drive around the block before picking up my girlfriend just to make sure
there warm and so she won't have to cringe everytime I stop... note: She
actually likes the car... a first for me =)  Any ideas on how to fix this?
I could just go an have the breaks replaced they are a few years old now.
- undercoating... there isn't any... or there isn't any left.  Should I
bother?
- exhaust.  I need to have it replaced as well... no leaks yet but its on
its last legs.  Any suggestions, the current setup it stock.  We have no
laws reguarding emissions here, although we probably should seeing some of
the cars on the roads...
- tires/wheels, its all stock.  Whats a cheap upgrade?  Its got the
'spiderlike' mags right now and their beat to hell...
- door panels... interior blue.  I need new ones with all the cute little
black trim pieces.  Besides hunting local wreckers where can I find em (in
good - mint shape?)
- seats... what can I repace the existing ones with?  from what models/years
of VW's?
- door locks.  Some really nice person stabbed the passenger side door with
a flat head screwdriver and popped the lock (and stole 25 cents from the
ashtray... the f__ker), aside from a car alarm how can I prevent this from
happening  or  discouraging it?

I know theres much more... but I need to get started somewhere.  The
electrical stuff is my primary concern since my girlfriend keeps freaking
out about it.

PS

Is there anywhere in Canada/US where I can get euro lights and/or clear turn
signals and/or 'side' signal lights (those cute little rectangle ones).

Thanks for any help, pointers, advice, etc.

L Crawford
84' 8v in need of help.