From: Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
To: scirocco list <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>; vw-tech <vw-tech@egroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 7:36 PM
Subject: taming the torque steer

Guys, my little Warpiggy scares me sometimes. With the 4.23 final drive
and the engine work it is one torquey sonuvabitch (or sonuvasow or
whatever)... Anyway, the torque steer is a real PITA and has caught me
out there on occasion. Nail the gas and I'm yanked across the skinny
logging road towards an evil-looking ditch on the right.

I'm figuring that some harder a-arm bushings might alleviate some of it.
What do y'all think? What else could contribute to lessen the effect?
I'm already running a Quaife. Alignment is set to zero toe and negative
1.5deg camber. Thanks.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut