Re: Math wiz's calculating hp.

Like Danny said, that's probably close, but of course it will only do that when it's *actually* supplying 65 amps.  IOW, if you're running down the road with no lights, wipers, A/C, monster amplifiers, etc. you won't be using that much current.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
From: Wing Gee
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 11:23 AM
Subject: Math wiz's calculating hp.

For all you math people. See if i did this right. I'm converting power to hp. now i know P=I*V. Let me tell you what i'm doing first. I wanna see how much hp the altenator is dragging while it's charging. Now i know I=65a and V=~14v(it charges around there) Which is then multipled to get 910Watts=P. Now 1hp=746watts. now when i divide that. i get 1.22Hp. so my 65amp altenator is sucking up about 1.21Hp. To me that seems about right.

Wing