Re: VW Radio Question Thanks

Captnbr@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the Radio discussion, it has been helpful in making a
> decision.  She wanted to avoid giving the dealer any more money because
> they want 450 dollars for the Changer.  We could probably find a Panasonic
> for cheaper and just plug it in (the wires are already there).

No!  It's not that simple.  The connector and cable pinouts are TOTALLY
proprietary - to use a non-VW changer with it requires an expensive
adapter cable from Metra or one of the other appropriate manufacturers.

Timmons VW routinely gives 10% mail order discounts - $350 - $35 = $315,
not bad for plug-n-play with no additional adapters necessary, plus you
get a VW warranty with it (good or bad - that's debatable!).  Also
Saddleback in Phoenix also sells mail order on the cheap.

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0