Re: sudden and severe loss of power

--- Timothy A Reed <t.a.reed.esq@juno.com> wrote:
> I was driving down the highway in my 82 8v when I
> had a sudden and severe
> loss of power.  I was able to drop into 4th and,
> with the accelerator
> pedal on the floor continue far enough to change
> lanes into the slow
> lane, whereupon it stalled entirely, and I pulled
> onto the shoulder.
> When I tried to restart it, I had plenty of crank,
> but it wouldn't turn
> over.  I also had full electrical systems.

Might be a loose connection to the distributor? Mine
has this problem lately for the retaining clip to the
hall sender/distributor is busted. Cranks fine and all
just does not catch. I just have to pull it out and
then plug it back in and I am on my way. Also when it
is loose it creates a lot in-line noise in my stereo.
The speakers pop when I turn off the fan and such.

HTH

=====
mark hausler
'81 scirocco s