Re: 4K tranny question

In a message dated 9/5/00 7:27:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, hansen@ionsys.com
writes:

<< What I was wondering is what car did
 the 4K come in originally and most of all will the Velocity kit fit the
 4K? I >>

The 4k originally came in the 84 GTI, later it was found in the Cabby and
some 8V Sciroccos.  I have one in my pickup, and l can vouch that the
Velocity kit does indeed work with it.

It is also one of the 8V trannys that will directly accept 100mm flanges
without grinding the case.

Good find, if it's reasonably priced. I'd say the .75 is a plus too, based on
my experiences on the freeway with mine. I'd heartily recommend installing a
bolt kit for the ring gear if you know it hasn't had one already installed,
as the 4k is one of the "rivet spitters"...

Cheers,

Danny
81 Caddy