Re: [non] wolfburgs & cabriolets

>Did Hornstein build the chasis?  It would be very expensive to make tooling
>for 70 cars!  That is very interesting...

no, in fact Hornstein got the chassis / complete cars from Karmann,
but as Hornstein did major modifications on the chassis to make a
convertible out of it,
like the reinforced sub-frame , rear seats, completely different rear-end
and so on,
our officials decided that Hornstein is the final manufacturer
of those cars.
But you`re right, due to the small amount of produced cars, the Hornstein
was very
expensive and after about 70 built units ( I don`t know the exact figure )
the company got in financial troubles and had to close in the end.
Today, there are no spare parts left at all..  :-(

Unlike other Scirocco convertibles
the Hornstein wasn`t available as a kit-car for do it yourself.

Greets
Dirk
www.Scirocco2.de/hornstein.htm