Re: Question about OXS light [Yahoo! Clubs: Hot Rabbit]

There is a button on the box that is between the upper and lower speedo
cables (I believe the box you replaced).  I am not sure it does much
reducing, just a counter for the OXS light.  That is what the connector is
for that comes off of the box.  Just turn on our ignition, hold in the
button on the box, then it should be reset.  HTH!!

Dave
77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v
84 Scirocco

> I just replaced the reduction box that is in line with my speedo cable and
now my OXS light is on. Does this system actually monitor the condition of
my oxygen sensor or is there a little mileage counter in that box that tells
the light to come on after a certain number of miles? I guess my question
is: Do I need to replace my oxygen sensor or is there some sort of reset
button or something??

> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE BY EMAIL!
>
> Return to "Hot Rabbit":
> http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/hotrabbit
.groupID=hotrabbit&.groupType=&.code=CF7Z0ifs5a