Re: Misc. Questions Classic Jason87vw humor....

Jason wrote:

> 3.) How much horse power should I expect from a 92 Passat 2.0 engine with a
> 2.0 head, bone stock, and a Supersprint header - Autotech exhaust ? I know
> this is hard to approximate, so does anyone know what HP these engines
> originally came out with ?

The 2.0 was rated at 134 hp, with its Motronic FI setup.  If you do the most
common (and simplest) conversion and keep your CIS-E, then you've in theory
lost a bit of that power.  But the difference is quite dramatic - the 2.0
has MUCH more bottom end than the 1.8, party due to the 2.0's head with its
smaller intake ports and larger exhaust ports, specifically to add low-end
grunt.

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0