Brake pad recommendation?

Hi all,

	I know this has been covered eight gazillion times before, but I need a
little input here.  I need new front pads for my '86 16v.  I was all set to
get a set of Ferrodos from Potterman, but stupid Mike is off at SEMA for the
week (BTW, I'm not really mad at him.  I'm mad at myself for not ordering
last week like I meant to).  So, I checked out Adirondack who carry ATE,
Pagid, and two different Mintex.  It seems like the Mintex might be a
similar pad to the Ferrodos.  Anyone want to compare the two and offer me
their .02?  I guess I can put off the brakes one more week, if necessary
(Brakes?  Brakes?  We don't need no stinkin' brakes!).  I know Adirondack
doesn't deal in crap, I just want to get the better pad for an occasional
spirited drive with no racing in lots of rain in the winter on stock rotors.
TIA.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II