More pulley questions...

OK, finally got the water pump on my '87 16V (hard to
find time with two little ones) and everything else
wrapped up.  All looks good so far except the known
problem with the bent crank pulley (the sheetmetal
one, Peter is sending me one, thanks).

Except...It appears that the PS pulley is mis-aligned
with the crank pulley and the water pump.  In fact I
believe it may be rubbing against the water pump
pulley that drives the A/C and alternator.  So...did I
put the water pump pulley on backwards, or is there a
way to realign it?  (Just got back in the house, too
tired to redo it tonight.)  Seems as though it's
position is fixed by the big bracket that holds the
A/C compressor and PS pump (although two other PS
mounting bracket pulleys are slotted).  Any advice?

2nd Q:  how worn can that split (two pulleys, one on
bearings) water pump pulley allowed to be?  There
seemed to be a lot of play in it, but I had no choice
so I bolted it up.  Is this thing destined to die?
Symptoms?

As always, help is appreciated,

Ron