Re: injector removal / exhaust bolts

In a message dated 10/29/2000 6:13:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
scirocco16v@europe.com writes:

<< also, i need some advice in removing the downpipe from the exhaust
manifold...i know that those (rusty) bolts are going to be a pain in the ass
to remove...

Here's how I did it.  I soaked all of the nuts in liquid wrench the night
before.  I had a buddy get under the car and hold the socket with a very long
extender and ratchet on the downpipe nuts so the ratchet would clear the
bottom of the car.  We had just finished painting the house so we had some of
those roller extenders.  I put one of those on the end of the ratchet, so now
I have a ratchet that is 5 feet long.  Took them right off.  Sounds crazy but
hey, it worked.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html