Re: MK1 Exhaust suggestions

Welcome to the List,
I too have a 78 and I put in a Techtonics 2" about 2K miles ago.  I also have
a 1.8L, w/a long tube header and a cat.  I like the sound, very descreet.
The fit was wasn't perfect, but very acceptable.  After I got the pipes in
the right position I tack welded the pipes together at the mid sections so
that I could toss the u-clamps.  Overall I've been very happy with the
system.  A great value.
HTH.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco