SoCal list members help

Well it's about time I bought a new car.  The 82 is just about ready to run
again and I want a new car to start a project on possibley be the daily
driver until snow falls.  For this I want a southern car (no rust) and what
a better place to take a bit of a holiday than California.  I have found a
car that I would be interested in.  I found it on the scirrocco.org ads.  I
e-mialed the guy and this was his response...

"The car is an '87 Scirocco 8V with 85-90kmiles.  The motor is an Audi 80
2.0L block with a Velocity Stage 4 BigValve Solid lifter cyl head and match
ported Intake mani, Neuspeed T/B,Neuspeed 272 cam, K & N,  Dual outlet exh
mani w/euro downpipe and Eurosport exhaust system.  The suspension has
Bilstein Sports, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Neuspeed Swaybars, Neu Ft Lower
Bar, Autotech Ft Upper Bar and Neuspeed Triangulated Rear Bar(Chromed).  The
rear seat is removed, it has a Corbeau Clubman Driver seat and black leather
pass seat w/custom
black carpet.  Also, there is an autopower rollbar.  The lighting is euro
headlights, corner ambers, and smoked side markers.  It also has euro
bumpers, single wiper conversion(hole filled), a Kamei badgeless grille and
Zender rear wing.  It comes with a Kamei body kit as well, but the kit is
meant for US bumpers and is not mounted on the car.  The Car has been
painted Porsche Signal Green, including the engine ompartment, door jams and
roll bar.  Finally, it is rolling on Compmotive 5 spoke rims in 15x7 size.
The car has been sitting for a while as my friend, the car's owner,has been
away at school and had no parking available for the car.  It is currently
registered non-operational.  I do not have pictures of the car right now but
will get some taken soon, by this weekend at the latest."

He is asking $2800 wich if the car is in good shape then I figure about
$2500 would be fair...Yes? No?  Either way All I know is he live sin the San
Fernando Valley but no idea exactley.  Hopefully I will find out tom when he
gets back to me.  If so would anyone be interested in checkin the car out
for me if he is reasonabley close to you?  Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 8v (still waiting for me to get off my ass and put an engine in
her)
85 Scirocco 8v (being used as a painting canvas for my practise)