Re: Interior Q's

Steve H wrote:

> Hey all,
>    Well, over the weekend, I had a road rally, and I decided to go all out
> and put my car on a diet by removing the rear-seat, etc.  Now, I love it !
> It needs to be finished though...Here are my thoughts :
>   Has anyone removed the seat, and taken the car somewhere to get the back
> carpeted ?
>   It would look real nice if I could find a place that would be able to
> carpet the side walls as well...Making walls under the speaker deck,
> etc..Any experiences ??  Also, this would make it real pretty for a nice
> showroom-stock roll cage =)
>
> TIA
> -Steve H
>   '88 16v Rocco

My 'computer challenged, therefore not on the list, but one of these
days' buddy Al did this with his Mk1. He stated with a white Champaign
edition, added:

- No Rear seat
- Tinted rear glass
- A rear panel for the speakers*
- black velvet covered vinyl with padding for the former rear seat bench area.

After some tweaking and such it looks waaaay more refined than my rough
n' ready bushwhacker.

The pad he made is not sewn or anything yet but it allows for a jump
seat of sorts when you absolutely have to give a third person a ride and
covers the painted area quite nicely. The velvet nature is inky and
blends well, and is durable, to a point.

Other and additional options would be to 3M spray the area and mold your
own carpeting down there.

* The rear shelf is half way up and rests partly on the rear light
assemblies. It's not a real solid sound box but with the padding stuffed
in it serves OK for keeping some backpreasure on the 6x9s. Future plans
are to fab a real enclosure.

hth,
TBerk