UPDATE - Passat 2.0L 16V For Sale In Cleveland, Ohio (Longish)

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- UrGTI@aol.com wrote:
> > Somebody jump on that one!!
> >
> > After you keep the motor to yourself there is enough
> left
> > to sell and get a
> > free motor out of the deal .
>
> > Jasin
>

> I've given this guy a call, as well as e-mailed him...
> hopefully I'll hear back before passing through Cleveland
> tomorrow...

>Daun Yeagley

So I'm toolin' down I-90 with Ben Harder on the way back
from Rochester, when my phone rings - it's the Passat owner
returning my call.  Turns out he lives just a couple miles
off the freeway that we're about to get on in Cleveland, so
we get directions to check out the car.

We pull up to see a rust free, basically undented '91
Passat.  Granted it has a couple issues, the worst of which
is the fuel pump is running via a toggle switch, and the
starter has to be engaged by manually clicking the relay.

And then there's that damn VW automatic tranny - it will
only go in the gear you select.  1st, 2nd, 3rd.  It won't
shift into overdrive at all.  However, the rest of the car
seems to be intact, some trim panels are removed to get to
various electrical equipment, but it all seems to be there.

$500 later, and Ben and I headed out for my place.  4 hours
at 4300 rpm / 68 mph / no radio...   well, I've had worse
trips.  Hell, the cruise works!  As does the a/c, power
windows, sunroof etc.

So now I'm gonna see what I can do with it.  Like I said,
you have to shift manually from 1-3, and when it shifts, it
shifts **hard**, so I dunno what the problem is.  I'll
probably do a little diagnostic work, but the main thing I
wanted was to harvest the quite strong 2.0 16v engine.

Anybody need any Passat parts?

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup (2)
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
"...And Morgo, as the friendly Draub." - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In