Oil Pressure/Gauge testing

Hi all,

	I figured out what my low oil pressure problem was.  It wasn't the
compression or the oil pump... it was the gauge.  I hooked up a mechanical
gauge and the pressure reads 30psi at 2000 rpm.  Perfect.  Now, the problem
is I don't know if I have a bad electrical sender or a bad gauge.  Is there
anyway to test either (it's a VDO 0-5 bar gauge stolen from a Jetta and the
two pole sender) so I know which part to order?  Any help would be
appreciated.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II