headlight relays - now fast blinker

After more than a year of having all the necessary parts at hand, I finally installed 12-gauge wire and 30 amp relays for my sorry old sealed beams.  As I was told it would be, the improvement was dramatic.

I discovered during the obligatory post-tinkering road test (sure, they looked bright in the garage, but ....) that my right-side blinker now flashes at two or three times its normal speed, and its brightness seems to have diminished (also this could just be that it's not allowed to stay on long enough to get fully lit).

I used the hot leads (yellow/black and white/black) to the left-side bulbs in the original harness as the triggers for the relays, and the ground wires from those same plugs as the corresponding switch grounds.  The power for the lights is routed directly from the battery to the relay, and the ground for the lights goes directly from lights to the negative terminal.

I'm guessing that by using the old power wires on the left side as triggers, I'm imposing some sort of load on that side's flasher relay that's no longer present on the right side, but knowing that hasn't prompted me to intuit how to remedy the situation.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff Wheeler
'82 8v