Re: ?Insurance issues

--- slynk1@hotpop.com wrote:
> Is it just me or is it like looking for the holy
> grale when trying to
> find cheaper rates for the scirocco.  I've just been
> shot down by
> several companies, because the scirocco is more than
> ten years old and
> they don't want to search thru their datebase.
> Second I been told that
> there are companies out there that issue either
> vintage/classic
> insurance policy on older cars, does the scirocco
> qualify for this.
>
> any help would be appreciated
>
> Bigslink
> 85 scirocco wolfburg ed
>

> --
> Email LIST problems to:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send

I have an 85 wolfsburg and never had any problem
getting insurance. I also have an 87 16v, and had no
problems there save for the fact the 16v is more
expensive to insure. In fact the 87 is more expensive
than the 2000 Neon I recently bought, both with full
covereage! Like some have said, age is a big factor,
plus your driving record. Sciroccos also have a rep
for being broken into a lot, and my agent told me that
people tend to get hurt more often in collisions.
After all, look at the cars people are driving today.
Cars  have gotten very big!
One of the new bugs parked next to me the other day
and the scirocco looked very small next to it. We get
hit, and we can be in big trouble in such a small car.
Anyways, you do have a right to insurance. Ultimately
someone has to insure you.

Jorel Jackson