Passat 2.0L 16V For Sale In Cleveland, Ohio- Not Mine

This is not my car!

[mailto:passatforsale@blackout.cwru.edu]
Subject: FS: '91 Passat, $500, Cleveland, Ohio

I need to sell my '91 Passat.  It's an automatic with 108k miles.
Black exterior/cloth interior.

The body and interior are in excellent shape, the AC works,
Power windows, door locks, sunroof all work.

Tires in good condition.

Now to the problem...

It's transmission has some sort of a computer which is causing it to
always stay in 3rd gear, unless D1, or D2 is selected manually.
Other gears work, but you have to select them manually.

Everything is complete, although some interior parts have been removed
and not put back on (but will be included).  It would make an excellent
parts car, or somebody with time could fix it back up to where it'd be
worth around $1500-$2000, I suppose.  It's probably not worth it to
pay a mechanic to troubleshoot the electricals, and I myself don't have
the time myself to work on it, so that's why I'm selling it.

The car is driveable, but the RPM's on the highway are higher than
normal due to it never shifting into 4th gear.

No radio (that died about 6 years ago).

The engine is a peppy 16 valve 2.0 in excellent condition, so that could
be used in something else--this would make a fine donor car for a custom
track car.

If you'd like any more information or need a pic of something, e-mail
me at passatforsale@blackout.cwru.edu
or call me at (216) 371-9427 (eve/weekends)  /  (216) 368-8834 daytime.

   Bob
[mailto:passatforsale@blackout.cwru.edu]

Anybody in Ohio looking for a full 2.0L Motronic setup?

Btw, this is not my car...
Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"