Re: Paint and body is on!

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Andre' Bjorkheim wrote:
> > Sorry bro, a fair valued pristine Mk1 dashboard goes for $100-200.
> > That's what I and many others have paid for one. Mind you,
> > near mint Mk1 Euro bumpers could go for 5-600 as that's the going
> > rate on the Mk2 jobbies (less rare).
>    Heh, thats a hell of a lot better deal than I was quoted back in
> August of 89'.  They wanted $670 for a new dash (531 857 003F).  Can you
> still find them new from the dealer or otherwise?  Or is it like the
> infamous turn signal lenses, never to be had new again.

$500-600 @ the stealerships, that I'll believe..I don't think they stock
any Mk1 specific interior bits (or body?) any more. If they had any, they
were most likely sent to the dumpster/crusher apparently last year (no
kidding). That's the corporate world for you. I got my almost crack-free
black dash from Rapid parts of all places, which were stripping out a
previously mint Mk1 that was wrecked.
Kareem
'81 S
'88 16v