Re: engine mounts

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 02:53:04 -0700 (PDT) Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Yes...let me clarify...
>
> I need to replace the passenger side mount.  I'll also
> replace the driver's side mount at the same time.
> Mac, my parts guy, was showing an unclear listing as
> to whether the 16V used the same mount in both
> locations.
What catalog is he using?
The early Mk.1's had the same mount on the driver and on the passenger
side, but they changed that in '79.
The passenger side mount is 533 199 214A, and the Rabbit diesel passenger
mount is 171 199 214A.

> I already have a spare HD (TT I believe) front mount,
> and a poly rear mount (the squareish one) that I'll be
> swiping from the Cabby before I move it on.
The TT front mount is almost a must on the 16V Scirocco, but I wouldn't
bother with the urethane rear mount, since they tend to self-destruct.
TT has a good deal on all 4 mounts, you'll have an extra front mount, but
that will be the first one to go bad, and it will come in handy.

Make sure you replace the timing belt and tensioner when you do the
passenger mount.

Both the passenger and the driver's side mounts need to be pressed into a
bracket, btw.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"