CO / Mixture only at idle?

This was an old topic, argued around by several people a few weeks ago,
I knew the answer then (Chris was correct), but I didn't think the
other parties would believe me.... :)

Anyway, I finally found the supporting documentation in the Definitive
Guide (tm)...."How to understand, Service and Modify Bosch Fuel Injection
& Engine Management"...the blue book from Bentley.

The relevant paragraph:

	To ensure that the basic air-fuel mixture is in the best range for
emission control, all continuous systems have a provision for mixture
adjustment. Although this adjustment is made at idle, it affects the basic
mixture over the entire range of operating conditions,

End relevant portion.

The mixture screw as identified in this book is the one in the fuel
distributor that adjusts the air flow sensor plate height a tiny bit.

==Brett
\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net