From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of RoccoPhil
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 2:02 PM
To: Scirocco Mailing List
Subject: How good is CIS-E + fuel enrichment module??

Folks,

To what hp do you think you can trust the CIS-E & enrichment module to
perform accurately (should I say, what will it support)?

Man, I do *NOT* want to have to do a Motronic conversion.  'Cause if that is
necessary, I will kiss that sweet little ol' 16v goodbye and install a JRC
Motorsports Turbo setup.  I am aghast at what it costs to do a 16v motor.
Check this out:

=====================

Motor from JRC Motorsports= ~ $3,000  #(see footnote)

New hoses & sport clutch= ~ $1,000

Everything else to make it up-to-date for a new engine= ~ $500-750, maybe
$1,000 (cause I *will* blueprint those injectors!)

Not even throwing in the oil cooler setup here...

#  Footnote: This motor is a Stage II 16v head with cc'd chambers + a
balanced & blueprinted 1984cc 16v block with ARP goodies and killer gaskets,
in addition to heat-treated Mahle pistons, 36mm oil pump, and sportwindage
tray.  So there...  8>P

Cripes!  That does not even include what I want to do with the tranny (my
dream is a VL Enterprises AGB tranny with .80 6th gear addition + Quaife
differential --- what a pipedream!).  Plus a new, quality paintjob.  Think
I'm gonna be sick over this.

So, before I even get this 16v, I need to know if Motronic will be
necessary.

Living in rocco hell,
-PK