Re: need to buy struts

Sounds like a 9 on the bad day scale.  Hope it got better for you (after a
drive possibly)

Kyb's bad.  Boge's better than Kyb.  Can't remember the dif between the
turbo and the pro.  I think one of them isn't available for the A1
application.

I am a firm believer that the degree to which you lower your car depends on
the length of time until you blow the seals out on the struts.  If it isn't
lowered, you should have good luck with either; I would go with the Boges.

to the List:  It doesnt matter what brand of strut you buy, if you use the
"vice grips on the piston and hand wrench method".  I just saw another set
on a car at the local yard with this technique.

GL,
David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI