Re: Coolant Temp?

Sal Guzzo wrote:

> What should the coolant temp be for a 16V?  Mine coolant temp gauge reads
> about 245F/120C when the fan kicks on.  Afterwards, it'll drop to about
> 210F/100C.   Is that okay? TIA
>
> Sal

Sound just fine to me, you want the coolant to run in and around 100C so
it is at boiling temp (although in a pressurized system & one with
antifreeze in it) you will not boil over at 120C.

It's good for a number of reasons to not run too cold-

 Better gas mileage from increased efficiency,
 Burns off gasoline type voliatles in the oil,
 Evaporates water in the oil,
 provides HEAT! to the cabin,

etc.

TBerk