RE: [Non roc}:'84 Carbureted Rabbit?

Title: RE: [Non roc}:'84 Carbureted Rabbit?

Jim,
 I had an 84 with the Carter-Weber carb. It was always a PITA to get any parts for it. I guess since it was right before the 85 changeover to the Golf, they were emptying the parts bins of anything they had. I always had to make at least 2 trips to the parts joint before I got the right part (before I found out about Potter). Usually the 83 & up parts were the ones that fit. Anyway the carb is a POS, and I had to look for weeks for a carb rebuild kit for it. They wanted 125 bucks for the kit, so I took the carb off and trashed it. I machined my own adapter and used a Barry Grant Rochester 2G off my race car. The linkage was a bitch, though.