Re: roof anttena amp

>Does anybody have the instructions on how to disable the amp portion of my
>roof mounted antenna?  What has to be cut or soldered?  My amp died, so no FM
>reception. Help!!
>TIA
>Dave

Once you get it apart, it's pretty obvious.  The coax line comes
into the antenna amplifier, then the antenna itself is attached to
the amplifier.  You want to cut out the 'middle-man', which is the
amplifier, and just connect the antenna line directly to the center
line of the coax.  This is what I'll do when ever I get around to
pulling down the headliner.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net