From: Dan Kraus [mailto:u1002712@warwick.net]
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2000 11:39 AM
To: Julie Macfarlane
Subject: Re: Fuel pump Q

Hello Julie,

Well the true test would to hook up some gauges to the fuel system.

But you can also tell by...

a.) When you hit the gas the car might start bogging down or have a loss
in power. - This would mean the pump is weak and is not pummping enough
fuel.

b.) Put your head by the pump and listen for a raspy buzzing noise. All
pumps buzz a little bit but you have to listen for skipping or pulsating
buzz.

Thats all I can really tell you because that's how I found out my pump
was bad last week.

- If you have a cret card go to VWparts and order a fuel pump for I
belive $150.00 or so.

Dan Kraus :-)