my sweet topless sixteen.....

....valve Scirocco is out of the Tuning shop
and back on the street again !

I have already driven it 2 hours today and it
runs very smooth & strong - it feels great !!

The complete wire harness of my red 16v  "PL",
the cat , the computer, oxygen sensor outlet-manifold
and so on was transplanted into my 16v convertible that
has the "KR" engine installed.

Usually, you can't get this modification
to be street-legal in Germany,
but I got the hint at a recent Scirocco-meeting
that this guy can do it and since today I have it
black on white from the TÜV ! :-))

Now I have "the best of both worlds" in my car,
the stronger "KR"16V engine together with the better
computer and a catalytic converter.
In addition I have to pay now 200DM tax/year
instead of 1000DM/year before and I'm allowed to drive
if there is asmog-alert.( unlikely but who knows )

As an (important) side-effect, my problems with the
PIPERCROSS-airbox ( dropping idle ) are also gone !
Probably the new setup can handle the change of
airflow better than my old setup.

All in all  it was a good Scirocco-day for me today,
but unfortunately the season to drive topless is over here
and so the car will be put into hibernation next week.

have a great weekend and enjoy your Sciroccos !
Dirk

http://www.Scirocco2.de/collection.jpg
Scirocco GTX '86  tin grey 16v 1.8l  KR "CABRIOLET"
Scirocco GTX '84  montegoblack 1.8l  DX "DIGIFIZ"
www.Scirocco2.de