Re: [8v][starter questions]

--- Jody Bailey <scirocco8v@home.com> wrote:
> Thanx I figured it was as much.  I also figure my starter
> is on the way out,
> that is why I am replacing it.  So now I need a diesel
> starter...anyone got
> one in good condition or should I just be looking in my
> local yard because
> of shipping weight?  I am assuming any diesel starter
> will work, but is
> there any that will not...ie newer VW's?  TIA
>
> Jody Bailey

Jody - just double checkin', but you *have* replaced the
positive cable from the battery to the starter, right?
I've had at least one of these go bad and it will cause
hard starting.

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup (2)
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
"...And Morgo, as the friendly Draub." - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In