RE: HELP!!!!

<snip>
>What would be the projected costs to be expected and components I should
>also be searching for (ie. injection, computer, manifold )?

This is hard to say. The conponents are so uncommon that you don't really
have a selection to choose from. If someone sells a computer for $250, then
you have to decide do you want it for that or not. If you don't get it, then

someone else will, and you might have to wait a _long_ time for another to
surface. Some tuners do this install. Call  Momentum Motorsports in Canada
(do a web search) and ask them how much it would cost. I'd bet on 7-10 grand

for the whole deal. 5 would be a steal.
</snip>

FWIW I tinkered with the idea of putting a 1.8T into my Corrado last spring.
$3k for the motor and about $4k to install it.  There's a shitload of wiring
work, plus the new cars are drive by wire, so that would have to be
retrofitted.  Not as easy as going from an 8V to a 16V.  When I brought the
question to Shine about doing a 1.8T into my 86 16V for next years One Lap,
Dickie was against putting that much hp into the Scirocco chassis.  His
thoughts were that the Golf A2 is a much better choice for that much power,
and I'd tend to agree with that.  The 1.8T Golf race car they built was
running 240hp and about 300lb-ft of torque with a custom Garrett chip, and a
3 inch straight exhaust.  That car was wrecked, but you ought to see the
replacement one being built!