Re: [8v][starter questions]

I would have to say that you are either having a problem with your ignition
switch/wiring or the starter is junk.

OTOH, a Diesel starter is always a good mod if you can accept the extra
weight. They turn the engine over faster and last significantly longer than
a gas one as they dont have to work so hard to start the engine. I have one
on my 'Rocco and one on my wifes Jetta.

>Okay so here's the deal.  I have an 82 Scirocco with a RD engine (ie. high
>compression) swapped into it with a shaved head (ie. higher compression).
>am in the process of rebuilding the engine because I seem to have toasted a
>bearing a while ago.  My intentions are to replace pretty much everything
>in
>the engine bay because I plan on selling the car.  My question is this...
>
>My starter is a little hesitant on starting the car despite all the tricks
>being done (extra grounds, bigger wires, etc...) I figure this is because
>of
>the high compression, yes? no?  If so would it be benificial for me to put
>newer or new diesel starter on the car because these starters seem to be a
>bit beefer because of the compression ratios on the cars they are meant to
>start?  Or am I completely off the mark here and missing the reason behind
>my hard starting.  Any help is muchly appreciated...TIA
>

>Jody Bailey
>82 Scirocco 8v (heartless and waiting to be put back together)
>85 Scirocco 8v (being used for paint practise :)
>

>--
>Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867