16 exhuast manifold or Headers?

    It seems to me that Scirocco 16v exhaust manifolds had a stress problem.
>From what I have seen with the last few I went through, they all got stress
cracks in the same place. cyl 1 and 4's connection about an inch up on each
side.

Is there any way to weld on the manifolds to ad strength and possibly repair
ones with just stress cracks that don't go all the way through?

Its getting harder and harder to find good manifolds in the area. I'm trying
to avoid the whole header conversion, don't want to loss anymore low end
power.

Later
~Danny~
88 16v