Re: supersprint vs. TT exaust

At 5:06 PM -0400 10/4/00, Jason Arms wrote:
>I have read about lots of listers who have supersprint exaust components
>through all the 50mm intake talk.  What is the general consensis about
>supersprint vs Techtonics exaust?  Which is better/ cheaper?  I would be
>looking for exaust for a 16v.  Is the supersprint stainless?  Where do i get
>it?  Thanks.
>
>Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

Supersprint - Pros: SOUNDS LIKE BUTTAH.  Brand-new, nothing sounds better.
Without a doubt the best-made header on the market.  Cons: most expensive
stuff on the market.  Only certain parts of their exhuast sytems are
stainless.  You can check their website, but I believe only the tailpipes
and some of the packing in the mufflers are stainless.  The rest is
aluminized and powdercoated.  This means that mufflers dont' generally last
much more than 3 years.  Since the systems were designed for the european
cars, fitment is sometimes an issue.  Example: good luck trying to fit a
'sprint header to your factory cat-back.  There's a 5" gap between the
pieces and the hanger at the end of the header doesn't line up with the
hanger on the floorpan.

Techtonics - Pros: very good value for the money.  Full stainless design
means you don't have to worry about longevity.  Fitting the exhaust on the
car is usually pretty straightforward.  Cons: SOUNDS LIKE SHITE (at least
IMO :).  It's loud, and the quality of the sound, unless you have a cat or
a longer resonator, is flat and blatty.  IMO!  Think about getting the
optional Borla muffler, although that won't make things any quieter.

HTH!